Launched in January 2017, Australian Oak hit the market strong as an alternative to the European Oak of the flooring world. This new and innovative engineered flooring is the mix of a beautiful hardwood floor, a hard wearing coating and a super stable substrate.
Australian Oak has been specified and used throughout many homes, offices and buildings across Australia in the past 12 months. One stand out project is ‘The Solway’ by Orbis Constructions. These townhouses made an impressive statement in style with inspired designer spaces, a lavish level of finish and a brilliant light-filled open floor-plan. The ground floor is covered in Australian Oak engineered flooring, and complimented by blonde timber for the stairs and kitchen. This project made such an impact with its design, layout and high quality materials that it sold for a record-breaking price in Ashburton! What a tremendous accomplishment for the team at Orbis Constructions, and a great win for Australian Oak.
Not only has Australian Oak been appreciated in the property scene, it is also making waves for architects and designers. Tom Thumb is a thriving café in the heart of Melbourne that has been noticed for its creativity using timber and bamboo. The architect Ben Edwards, used our engineered boards for the bench top block and shelving to add warmth and intimacy to the space. This unique project was shortlisted for the ‘Best Cafe Design’ in the 2017 Eat Drink Design Awards. The Eat Drink Design Awards celebrate the best in hospitality design, so it’s no wonder that Tom Thumb was highlighted as one of the top contenders.
What sets this engineered flooring a part from others in the market its list of superior characteristics, which include…
- Made using a method known as ‘balanced construction’ for stability and minimal risk of moving
- Back sawn (or crown cut) for a more desirable look
- It has 8 coats of hard wearing UV oil to increase longevity and reduce scratching
- Thick wear layer to sand and re-polish throughout its life
- A quality Australian product that is affordably priced
- Made in two appearance grades; select and feature
- Comes with a 25 year structural warranty and a 15 year wear warranty
With an exciting year ahead of us, keep an eye out for many other wonderful projects Australian Oak has been included in!