Health and Safety
Australian Sustainable Hardwoods (ASH) meet requirements of AS4801 and ISO14001 section 4.4.4.
That is to describe or provide
- a) the environmental and safety policies, objectives and targets,
- b) the scope of the environmental and safety management systems,
- c) the main elements of the management system and their interaction, and reference to related documents,
- d) documents, including records, required by AS4801 and ISO14001
- e) documents, including records, determined by the organization to be necessary to ensure the effective planning, operation and control of processes that relate to its significant environmental aspects.
All Executive staff, and Line Managers, and any person undertaking an internal audit of safety or environmental management systems are trained in the requirements and application of ASH’s safety and environmental management system.
The Environmental and Safety Management systems described in this and related documents applies to activities associated with ASH’s operations in Heyfield over which ASH has control or influence.
Procedures exist for identification of hazards, risk assessment, control of risks, and evaluation. Similar procedures exist for the identification of environmental aspects, the significance of their impacts, controls, and evaluation.
Management plans are developed from hazard/environmental impact assessment and review. Management plans give consideration to resources and technologies available, allocation of responsibilities, and timeframes for achievement of milestones.